Instructions Following Sedation
1. Go home and rest for the remainder of the day.
2. Do NOT perform strenuous activity.
3. You should remain in the company of a responsible adult until you are fully alert.
4. Do not attempt to eat a heavy meal immediately. If you are hungry, a light diet (liquids or soft foods) will be more than adequate.
5. A feeling of nausea may occasionally develop after IV sedation. The following may help you feel better:
- Lying down for a while
- A glass of a cola beverage (or 7-Up)
*If nausea persists for more than 4 hours call our office.
5. Do not drive a car or perform any hazardous tasks for the remainder of the day.
6. Do not consume any alcoholic beverages for the remainder of the day.
7. If prescription medications have been provided for you, take them only as directed.
8. If you have any unusual problems or any questions you may call Dr. Holley
If you are unable to contact Dr. Holley, please call the local emergency department:
Prattville Baptist Hospital
124 S. Memorial Dr.
Prattville, AL 36067